Monday, April 10, 2023

Walks and runs

I've been doing a lot of walking lately, racking up six miles a day in the last three out of four days. It's been perfect hiking weather for me and the dogs. I also got in some pasture time on Sunday. What I haven't done yet is any mowing or yard work.


Della and Elvis are always a good walking pair.




These are mayapples. Their flowers, when they appear, are underneath the leaves.



Paisley out in the pasture. I always put a long line on her and just let her drag it around
because I can't always get her back in the house unless it's meal time.

She sticks very close to me in the pasture but I couldn't get a hold of her if 
I needed to. The long red line is about 20 feet in length.

Dakota and Fargo observing the pasture run from inside Daneland.
I definitely don't trust these two off leash yet.

Norman loves getting out there to run.

Paisley and Della on a hike together.




An important stop and sniff spot, apparently.


Fargo and Dakota have gotten very good about going into the puppy shed at night.
I've been using one of the space heaters out there since the nights turned cold again.

Della and Daisy on a hike together Monday afternoon.






Dakota and Fargo walk very nicely on leash, always together, always behind me.
I'd prefer they walked in front, but they want to keep an eye on me still.






This dogwood, like the one in our yard, had very few blooms on it this year.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dakota and Fargo are so very handsome!