Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Five dogs

Daisy went back home today so we are down to just five dogs. Dakota is really our only foster at the moment. That's fine. I'm very busy with work and need to be very busy with spring time yard work, gardening, and mowing, so one foster is plenty. 

We had a pasture run yesterday because it was all I had time for, but that was a mistake because I didn't sleep well last night without having any physical activity during the day. Today I took Della and Dakota out for a hike. It wasn't real long, 4.2 miles, but enough that I should be able to sleep well tonight.

Dakota is coming along, but it's a slow process. You can see his growing trust and confidence on our walks. He will now walk out in front of me, with or without a companion dog, and he's clearly enjoying it now. The poor dog is still very shy about being touched, however, and isn't that just kind of sad. We're going to an adoption event on Saturday. I need to make it a pleasant tactile experience for him. 



Maya and Elvis hunt together in the pasture quite a bit.

With Norman gone, Dakota has tried to befriend Paisley.
Paisley doesn't really do "friends," and her idea of play is to run up and bite another dog on the butt.







Della tolerates him but isn't interested in being his friend either.







No comments: