Friday, April 21, 2023

Turning the corner

Dakota seems to be turning the corner today. I went out to put a leash on him to go for a walk and for the first time he came up to me and let me attach the leash to his collar without me needing to herd him into the shed. I took him on both of today's walks, three miles with Paisley and another three miles with Elvis. It was warm enough that I left Della at home and I'll make it up to her tomorrow with lots of yard time. 

Dakota was a different dog on today's walks too. He was much brighter, more confident, and definitely seemed to be enjoying himself. He stopped to sniff on occasion, but not too much. He walked next to the other dog and if the other dog walked in front of me then Dakota did as well. He's really good about hopping into the van before and after our walks. I continued the de-thatching of his coat, and his top coat even has a bit of shine to it now. He's not crazy about being brushed, partly because he still doesn't have enough meat on his bones. I'll see what's in the freezer tomorrow and work on beefing him up some more. He's due for another round of Panacure too. We'll start tomorrow.

I love this picture of Dakota and Paisley.

Elvis








Head up, looking happy and much more confident now.









6.06 miles


Buttercups in the dog yard.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see Dakota start to blossom under your care.

Rachel said...

I love how they are side eyeing each other in the first picture.