Thursday, December 29, 2022

Beating the cold

This cold I've got is beginning to annoy me. I've had the week off from work, for the most part, but being sick takes a good bit of the enjoyment out of it. I don't feel so bad, but I don't feel entirely good either. I think it's turned the corner now anyway. I haven't needed nearly as much Sudafed today. I would have hiked today but they were having some sort of hunting event for the disabled at Pleasant Grove today and that's reason enough to keep me away. I doubt that the deer population was in much danger, but hikers and dogs would have been easy targets. 

I did some work on the puppy pen in the spare bedroom and erected a wall in the puppy shed in preparation for their return now that nighttime temperatures have returned to normal. They are just getting used to the new setup indoors, however, so I don't want to move them again immediately. The pups are three weeks old today and they all seem to be growing well. I think Holly is beginning to want some more normal, non-maternal, adult time in her life, but she's still taking very good care of them.

I didn't hike with anyone today but I had Max, Della, Maya, Elvis, Paisley, Cooper, and Kash outside with me for several hours this afternoon. Everyone enjoyed the sunshine and mild temperatures.

Paisley

Della enjoying the sunshine from her bed in the back of the open van.


Cooper, above and below. His ears seems to be getting better and they are standing up
more now too. He is a very good dog and very tolerant of the puppy, Kash.


Kash should be going to his new home in about a week.

Paisley and Cooper

Max

I've had Paisley on Max's medication and it seems to be helping.
It has taken a bit of the crazy edge off of her as it does with Max.
I even saw her trying to play with Elvis today instead of chasing him around and nipping on him.

Elvis, enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun.

Kash and Cooper

Paisley, Kash, and Cooper in the front yard this afternoon.

Cooper reminds me a lot of Trooper in terms of looks but more of Theo in his personality.
He seems to like everyone.

Cooper with Kash close behind.

Elvis

I don't have any new puppy pictures today, but I did check their weights again. 
Charlie has forged on ahead of Adina now. 
Yukon has the straightest growth line.
Camilla and Dizzy's growth has flattened off a bit, and even Boomer's too, probably due to getting more exercise in the expanded indoor space, and less nursing time.
I'll probably start them on gruel made from replacement milk and finely ground puppy food sometime in the next week, as a supplement to, not replacement for mother's milk. That will ease the pressure on Holly and begin their transition to solid food.


No comments: