Saturday, December 24, 2022

Cooper, the good shepherd

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.


I was finally able to get Cooper out in the daylight for some halfway decent pictures. Since it's Christmas eve, I made it a shepherd outing in keeping with the popular fictional narrative of the day.


I have rarely had a new dog settle into the pack routine as quickly and smoothly as Cooper.
I give Kash a lot of credit for that. He may be a pup, but he knows how things work around here.






Max came out and enjoyed the sunny day with us.


Maya has had some gastro-intestinal upset yesterday and today (vomiting and diarrhea), because it's a holiday and someone has to get sick when the vets are all closed. But I think it may just be due to the carprofen I started her on recently, so I'm stopping that and I cooked her chicken and rice today, which she's sharing with Holly. She doesn't seem sick, but her system is certainly upset.


Cooper, Maya, and Kash

I think we have a good applicant now for Kash.


Cooper reminds me of both Trooper and Theo. Trooper because of his sort of tipped ears, and Theo because of his size and good looks. Seems to have a great temperament too.



Max mostly tended his sticks today.


Maya and Cooper






Even though the front yard is fenced, I don't usually let a new dog out there off leash this quickly, but Cooper has made himself at home here already.


Maya and Max

Max and Kash, sharing a frozen puddle of water






I'm happy that Cooper has taken over puppy-tending spot left empty by Kinley's adoption. Perhaps I should call them Kooper & Kash. By the way, I've heard from Kinley's adopter a few times already and things seem to be going well.


I am cautiously optimistic and Cooper's ears will return to being fully erect once we clear up the infection in them. He's really good about letting me treat them.

This isn't a good picture of any of them, but it contains all four shepherds.
Left to right: Max, Maya, Kash, Cooper's butt.



No comments: