Sunday, December 18, 2022

Holly's day

As I have said before, Holly is more like her old self and definitely seems ready to rejoin the rest of the world after being holed up with the puppies 24 hours a day for over a week. She gets up to greet me when I come in and I'm feeding her outside the whelping pool now instead of putting the food down next to her so she doesn't have to disturb the puppies while she eats.

Erika came over again today and Holly greeted her like a long lost friend, and clearly wanted and solicited the petting and attention. My friend Sharen also came over to do a photo shoot of the pups and Holly. She had never met Sharen before but she also greeted her like a long time friend and was very relaxed throughout the photo shoot with all the puppy handling that went on. 

This was the pre-birth Holly once again, very outgoing and friendly with everyone. She's got those pups past the one week mark now and everyone is growing well and seems healthy. She's entitled to relax a bit at this point and needs to, because there's still 8+ weeks of puppy rearing ahead. I was worried about Charlie yesterday, but he posted a solid weight gain today and overtook Camilla once again. I'll keep a close eye on him, but maybe all he'll need is a bit of help making sure he gets a preferred feeding position as often as possible. But I've got supplies for supplemental bottle feeding now if needed.

I took some "behind the scenes" pictures while Sharen and Erika were working with the pups today. I'll share Sharen's pictures when they come out. I am sure she'll have some great ones.

Kinley and I had a second meeting with a prospective adopter this morning and it went well. Delvis and I got in a quick two mile hike after that.














The puppies were remarkably calm (sleepy) throughout most of the photo shoot process, but there came a time that they needed their mother once again and Holly was happy to oblige. 




After the pups had filled their bellies and were sleeping again, it was Holly's turn for some photos. 




December 18, 2022 - 10 days old.
Dizzy joined the 2 pound plus club.
Boomerang seems to be widening his lead.
Peggy had a flat day, or I got a bad reading.
Charlie overtook Camilla with a strong daily gain.


No comments: