Saturday, December 3, 2022

The unexpected adoption of Twix

Rainy days are good for working but not much else. That's what I did most of the day, but early afternoon I had a visit from a couple of approved adopters who were interested in Twix. The rain had stopped and the sun was even trying to come out, so we went out to the pasture to get acquainted. Twix makes a good first impression, especially if you're a hugger like Twix. He went right up to the woman stood up and wrapped his front legs around one of  hers, a classic Twix hug. She loved it and he soon did the same to the man. 

He wasn't a dog they had been interested in, but Twix isn't likely to attract interest unless you meet him. They loved how friendly he was. He made a great first impression and found himself a home. Some dogs are like that, they show well, put themselves out there in a positive way, and make people fall in love with them. I'm so glad that they were open to meeting him and I think they were happy too. He was scheduled to go to an adoption event tomorrow and I was looking forward to that for Twix because he needed the opportunity to show what he's made of. But having it happen today, from home, was even better. I've still got Kinley to take to that event tomorrow.

They are very nice people and he's a very nice dog. They deserve each other and I sure hope everything works. 












2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

This pupdate makes my heart happy!

Anonymous said...

Good for Twix. I hope he has a long and happy life with his new family.