Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunny Sunday, five miles and lots of dogs

The dogs let us sleep until 7:00 a.m. this morning, which was very considerate. After feeding them and then making us enough breakfast for several days I went out on a hike with Elvis and former foster Daisy, who arrived yesterday to spend several days with us. We are reintroducing Daisy to the pack, which has several new members since her last visit. Elvis gets along with everyone so he seemed the obvious choice to pair with her on this morning walk. It was sunny, but chilly, so there were not a lot of folks out and about in the park. We went three miles and enjoyed every step.

After warming up back home I loaded up Kinley and went off to a Green Dogs adoption event here in Fluvanna. She got a lot of attention and one woman seemed to be very seriously considering putting in an adoption application for her. Kinley loved all the attention she got, and she got a lot of it. We stayed for two hours until I was getting cold again.

The highlight of the event for me was a surprise appearance by Twix and his adopters! They came by just to say hello and it was great to see them all again. He seemed very happy with them, and they with him. I am happy with the placement.

I got back home, scarfed down some food, and then headed out with Della and the puppy, Kash, for another hike. After the morning hike followed by standing around for two hours, I wasn't up for a long afternoon walk. I had time for more but called it quits after two miles. 

Kash gets neutered tomorrow morning, then it's time to find him a home. If any of my shepherd loving friends are interested, let me know soon.

I'm tired and ready for bed. Why is it only 6:00 p.m.?



















No comments: