Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Walking for a cause

My friend/neighbor/serial adopter, Jan, asked me to accompany her on her final three miles of a 40 mile challenge/fund raiser for The Trevor Project. I did the same walk for them back in the spring. For anyone who doesn't know, The Trevor Project is an organization that aims to reduce suicide among teenage members of the LGBTQ+ community. Gay teens who have at least one supporting adult in their lives are 40% less likely to attempt suicide. Although I wasn't out as a teenager, I knew I was queer but I also had parents that I knew would be supportive. It matters.

Della and I were happy to be included in Jan's walk. Although she has completed the 40 miles and has exceeded her goal, it's never too late and never inappropriate to donate to the cause: https://www.facebook.com/donate/1130739014258726/

Congratulations, Jan, and thank you.





Jan and Della

Jan and her husband Paul adopted one of Della's puppies, Duvel. 
Della says thank you.

With another human along on the walk, I was able to get a picture of myself with Della.
Elvis is nice to walk with, but he's not good with the camera.


3.6 miles


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your posts bring me daily joy. Thank you for sharing them, and thank you for your good work taking care of so many dogs!