Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Hot dogs

In hot weather like this I bring all the dogs inside from late morning until evening. Max is really enjoying the comfort of indoors. He's older now and the heat is rough on the old ones. 

We've had company this week, two dogs boarding with us because their owner was called out of town on short notice and of course all the boarding places were booked up for the long weekend. One is a former foster, a white German Shepherd Dog named Kami. She is here along with another shepherd, an older male named Van Gogh.  Van Gogh is really blowing his coat right now so I took him out this afternoon and gave him a good brushing. They've been out in Daneland during the cooler parts of the day, but inside in the afternoons and of course, at night. They both crate beautifully and have been no problem. Kami and Van Gogh arrived Saturday and will be going back home on Friday.

Arby is blowing his coat now too, and he produces an amazing amount of loose hair for a small dog. I gave him a good brushing today after Van Gogh. 

Max's coat hasn't really started to blow yet, but his ears are dirty and nasty. I've generally taken Max to the vet once a year to have his years cleaned out and treated. This year I'm trying to do it at home, but haven't been as consistent as I need to be. This afternoon, however, I grabbed him and Clay to hold him, and gave the ears a pretty thorough cleaning. After using the ear cleaner and digging out what I could with a paper towel wrapped around my finger, I grabbed the hose and just gave them a good rinsing. Max was surprisingly good about letting me do it. 

Kami is a happy dog.

Van Gogh was a rescue from Promises Animal Rescue.

This was before I worked on Van Gogh's coat.

He has a nice sit and a nice smile too.

Kami came from HOWS and was adopted through Green Dogs.


Here's Arby after today's brushing.

I tried to brush Nemo and he yelped so I stopped.
I expect he just didn't know what I was doing.

When Max begins to blow his coat we will be inundated with it.
I need to start brushing him daily.


His ears are wet here, but they are cleaner than they've been in a long time.



No comments: