Sunday, July 11, 2021

Weekend wrap up

Somehow I got more done this weekend than I did on the three-day holiday weekend last week. 


Doc had a good first night in the crate, no problems. He can do the stairs, both up and down, normally.
He spent some time outdoors again today with Max and then they both came in during the heat.
He's still doing the hunger strike but otherwise seems very happy here.
He gets neutered on Monday. So far, so good. He's a very nice boy.

He discovered the chew toys around the house today.


I was pretty pleased with how this project turned out. This is the hosta bed on the north side
of the house. I turned it into a shade garden this year but the corner of the house wasn't a
very attractive background. I found these vinyl lattice panels at Lowe's, got six of them
and put them in this weekend. 

They block out the hoses, electrical box, and some general ugliness in this corner.

The bright white background is a good contrast for the green and it really makes the
colorful flowers pop out. 


The blond dog is Maya in her usual spot under my desk. We had a few rumbles of thunder 
this afternoon, which worried Nemo, left. He moved in close to me and Maya but he didn't
panic and got through it without medication. He was given up supposedly due to thunderstorm
anxiety, which he does have, but I've seen worse. Being in a house instead of a yurt probably 
helped some too. 

This bed is probably at it's height for the season. I have several different sun-loving varieties of
coleus and they are doing very well this year. 


The fuchsia in the shade garden is doing well too.

This is shade-loving coleus and it's doing well too.

My slate project is moving along well too. I've made it out to the far end. 
Now I need to work on leveling each piece.

I have noticed that on a sunny day the slate reflects more heat. I hadn't thought of that.

Cosmo is a former foster staying with us for a couple weeks. He has fit back in here seamlessly.
He gets along with everyone, no hunger strike, good in the house, and he's content to stay 
in the hallway at night instead of insisting on being in our crowded bedroom.






1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Aside from being an amazing savior of pups, you really have an incredible eye for flowers! Seeing how beautiful your garden is inspiring! Love how the slate is coming out too!