Thursday, July 15, 2021

Summer evening fun

 

Cosmo isn't with us for too much longer. I think his folks return sometime next week.
He's been a very easy keeper and a joy to have around.

If I was a better disc thrower, Hugo would have it every time. He's fast and he's accurate.
But my throws often go in unexpected directions and that gives Nemo a chance to get it first.
Nemo won't return it, however, so that ends the game until he loses interest and drops it.

When Nemo does get it first, Hugo will sometimes do a fly by and try to grab it out of his mouth.
If Nemo has a good grip on it, he's going to prevail.

They can compete in a tug match without it escalating to a fight.



I was really hoping that Serena would not take a side and get involved in this.


Fortunately, she deemed it not worth her time and just walked away.


Look at that floof.


Max with his stick.


Sometimes it's too pretty to mow.

Nemo is putting on some muscle and turning into a very solid hunk of dog. 
I just wish he had been neutered six months earlier and learned to relate to other dogs better.

Max is one of our senior dogs now but he doesn't really seem to have aged.
But when I look at older pictures of him I can see the difference, and look at his 
tail, that light color is Max's shade of grey and there's quite a bit of it on him now.

Hugo and Della

Serena

Della: "Can't talk now, doing farm dog stuff."

Nemo is as loyal and devoted as any shepherd I've known and he's great with 
people, even strangers, but he's more selective about dog friends. He's been fine with
all the female dogs around here, but he's always vying for position with the males it seems.


Doc will be going to his new home this weekend. I knew we wouldn't have him long.


No comments: