Monday, July 5, 2021

Medication day

I don't feel like I accomplished much over the last three days and that's not a feeling that I like. Today I pulled thistles from the pasture while out with the dogs and that convinced me it was too hot to go hiking. I laid a little more slate and watered part of the gardens, but still felt like a slacker. So I decided to do monthly medications for the dogs. It's a task that I generally put off but we are still near the first of the month so I thought I'd try getting it off to a good start.

We don't have so many dogs right now so it wasn't a huge task and it needed to be done. The dogs love the heartworm prevention part of it because it's the only time that most of them get canned food. It's a big treat. The flea and tick preventative isn't as exciting but it's also quite necessary and it was nice to get both done on the same day.

Della and Serena doing Dane play.



Queen Anne's Lace and some wild berries in the pasture today. 

Max, chowing down on dry food mixed with canned, 
laced with ivermectin as a heartworm preventative.

Maya, doing the same.

Serena had hers outside, here I'm preparing to put the frontline on her back.

Della looking at me suspiciously as I approach with the Frontline.

This is the one time each month that I asked Maya to "sit" and she does.

Nemo is a very attentive dog. He craves attention, contact, and activity.
Swollen scrotum or not, I'm going to start giving him some outdoor and pasture time.
He's sleeping in the bedroom at night, and he's tried getting into bed. Della barks at him
from one side of the room and Arby from the other, so he finally settles down in the middle.


Max is enjoying being indoors more during the hot days now.




No comments: