Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Maya's walk

Someone out there is about to accuse me of neglecting Maya, I'm sure. Nothing could be further from the truth, believe me. Maya is rarely more than an arm's length away from me and Maya makes sure that her needs are met. But her exercise needs are less these days and I guess I've used that as an excuse to become rather lazy and sedentary myself. It's a easy excuse to buy into in the summer when the air is hot and heavy and the woods are thick with ticks.

I was needing to move my legs, heart, and lungs a bit today though, so Maya and I did an evening two-miler at Pleasant Grove. There weren't many people around, none that we encountered directly, and it was late enough that the wildlife was beginning to emerge from the edges of the forest. Not far, not fast, but better than nothing. I hope to make it a more regular thing again.

All the shepherds and shepherd mixes around here are blowing their coats. 
You can see tufts of Maya's undercoat coming out. 
I gave her a brushing when we got home.






Alert ears and tail, a sure sign that she's spotted something.
It was a rabbit in this case and I was glad I was walking Maya and not Della.



Queen Anne's lace





I have walked Maya and many fosters to this picnic table and have taken some
great pictures of fosters from here. I asked Maya to hop up and she did, but
she wasn't real cooperative about posing. But then, she didn't need to be, she already has a home.


Maya didn't see these three, but Della would have because of her height. 
Another reason I was glad to be walking Maya.


In the back of the van for the ride home.

The last of the setting sun through the great oak. 


No comments: