Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Puppy pics

Things are going really well with Lexie and her pups so far. She would rather be in the house getting constant petting and attention, but I told her she's got to put in a couple more weeks with the puppies at least. I keep tossing toys to them and Lexie steals them and takes them outside through the doggie door. It doesn't matter because I have a BIG box of toys. Lexie can have as many as she wants.

I've got Lexie eating three times a day now, a mixture of dry food, canned food, pumpkin, and Dyne (a high calorie supplement). I plan to add in some fish oil, brewer's yeast, and vitamins tomorrow. I am feeding the pups four times a day, dry puppy food with water added. They are eating up most of what I give them and then Lexie finishes off whatever is left. 

The only nursing she does is from a standing position and she doesn't stand still for very long. I'll need to stay with her and hold her in place for the pups to get much milk from her.

They look fat and happy, just the way a puppy should be. Here are some individual pictures of them. Someone gave them donut-themed names. There are four girls and two boys. Their collars are color coded but they may not show in the pictures.



Apple Crumb, female, red collar


Boston Creme, female, orange collar


Cruller, male, light blue collar


Glaze, female, purple collar


Jelly, female, yellow collar


Cronut, male, dark blue collar
















2 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

OMG I sooo needed this level of cuteness in my life! These babies are all precious!

Rachel said...

Holy cow! They are adorable. How do you manage to get anything done other than playing with puppies?