Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Reina

Someone had suggested the name Reina for this girl when we took her it. "Reina" (ray-na) is the Spanish word for "queen" and I think it's a fitting title and she certainly deserves that kind of treatment and adulation.  Last week I wrote a post about Reina titled "Learning to Dog." I'm now happy to say that Reina can dog with the best of them. I knew she would take longer to come out of her shell than many fosters. I don't think Reina had ever had much, if any, experience with decent human beings. She has blossomed as she has learned how good life can be with decent people. 

Reina has learned to play with other dogs but what she really enjoys is human attention. She follows me around the house and wants to accompany me wherever I go, no matter what I am doing. Reina is getting healthier and hunkier now too. She's putting on weight and it's looking good on her. She's got some of the biggest, most muscular hind legs I've seen on a female Dane. She's built a lot like Diamond, another foster Dane who had also been used for breeding. Her coat is taking on that sleek, black shiny look now too. 

Black dogs can be hard to photograph and they are sometimes hard to adopt. Della's litter included five black pups and I did a special post on them one day, "The Fab Five" and included pictures of other black Danes we have known and loved. If you like to dress up your dog, the basic black coat goes with everything, especially jewels. Reina is available for adoption through Green Dogs Unleashed, www.greendogsunleashed.org














1 comment:

David V said...

So glad she is coming out her shell.