Thursday, March 18, 2021

The 20 minute destresser

It's been a long time since I had a job that I cared about or that presented me with any challenges. My current one does, mostly because there are things I don't know yet that I need to know to perform the job and that produces stress. Added to that, the recent rainy weather means that I haven't been getting much exercise, and the dogs are making a mess in the house; they are bored and restless, looking for any excuse to jump up and bark in the hope that something is happening when really nothing is. 

The day had been more looking like rain than actually raining, but when I finally got out with Maya and Della, it started to rain. We went anyway and the rain let up. All we did was the short meadow trail loop up at Pleasant Grove, barely 20 minutes worth of walking but we walked it faster than usual and it was enough for me to work out the kinks in my body and soul. It started to rain in earnest when we got back to the van so I called it quits, because I was feeling better and didn't think my mood would improve if I ended up getting completely drenched. 

I just took a few pictures on the walk but happened to get one of the best ones of Maya I've ever taken. I have also posted a couple videos of Everest and Kaya eating. That doesn't sound very significant but it is because Kaya was returned with stories of being aggressive at meal times. She may have been, but Everest has sorted that out for her pretty well. In other news, potential adopters are coming to meet Reina and Everest on Sunday. Next week is finally the neuter surgery for Mowgli, after which he can be adopted. I've been really restricting Theo's activity, but he's still limping. I was really hoping for some signs of improvement by now. It may be a little better, but it's hard to say. 

I didn't notice it until I had uploaded this picture, 
but I think it really captures the essence of Maya. 







At the end of the day we were rewarded with a rainbow as the sun was setting.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Maya's tail says it all in the photo. Sweet girl.