Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Busy, hot day

Morning walk with Della and Bailey.



Bailey helping with the daily watering. She's actually very good about stopping when I put the sprayer to a plant to water it.





Historic gardening. Watering the garden and doing some weeding at the Fluvanna Historical Society's Holland-Page house.

I'd love to live in a log home, if it had air conditioning. This one does not.

The garden has been suffering in the heat, like everything else.

There was lots of yellow squash and okra. The beans were done and I pulled them out. I think the corn is a lost cause. The pepper plants look good and the tomatoes. There are various other vines growing, including cucumbers, watermelon, and some other kind of squash or gourd. The sunflowers were pretty wilted down. I watered and weeded for about an hour but some rain is what it really needs. 

Nala. I started the process of getting individual pictures of the seven remaining doberman puppies today, starting with Nala. She's the friendliest of the bunch, and the most curious and agile.












No comments: